There is definitely a major difference between my first rough draft and my final paper.The first paper was my “ shitty first draft”, which I think is not bad. The first draft gave me a second look into some of the many mistakes that needs to be corrected. I have many reasons for revising my final paper. For one, I wanted to make sure that I follow the MLA format for font size, heading, titles, spacing and margins.
I did make some major revisions to the content, organization and focus of my final paper. Some of my major revisions include: changing some of the content; re-organizing the paper; and focusing more on my audience. The content played a vital role in the many mistakes that I made. The content of the paper was not bad, however, I discovered after proofreading that I made a lot of mistakes using present tense instead of past tense. I also noticed some incomplete sentences that were fragments and run-ons that need to be corrected. In addition, I added some suspense so that my audience stay tuned.
As stated earlier, I know that as a writer I tend to excessively use present tense instead of past tense. However, using the shitty first draft showed how I was lagging in this area, it showed that I needed to work on breaking the pattern of error with present and past tense in a narrative essay.
What guided me to make the revision that I made was because of my " shitty first draft" . I think going through the process of writing the shitty first draft helped and gave new insight to some of the mistakes that I have been making. Also, I think some of the other factors are my motivation as a writer, peer review and proofreading.
I think the strongest part of my essay is the story. I think I was able to articulate my thoughts into simple sentences so that everybody can understand the story. I also think I did a good job telling the story in such a way everybody can relate and connect on a personal level.
Finally, I think the weakest part of my essay is my grammar. I believe that I need to improve my grammar and cut down on my mistakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment