I have made a lot of progress as a writer. However, I believe more work needs to be done. My first blog was not perfect but if I could have done it again, I would have approached it in a different way. My first blog post reminded me that my wrting is not where I want it to be. I know I can do better. Personally I am not satisfiedied with my writing. I feel I can do better by putting more effort and time into it. On one hand, I feel I have gained some confidence of what I want my writing to look like. I have an idea of what I need to improve and where I'm lacking in terms of my writing. In short, I feel like I've found my comfort zone. On the other hand, I am not satisfied with my progress. I feel a need to cut down on my grammar errors, most especially with how I use present and past tense in a sentence. I think I can be more effective without those mistakes.
One specific part of the class that I find very helpful is the peer review because it gives me a sense of where I am lacking and a fresh new perspective/ second opinoin on my writing. What I don't like is blogging on Friday's. I personally feel that I don't write my best on Friday's. Writing on Friday is very uncomfortable for me because I end up not writing the way I want to. In other words, I feel it is better if we could write our blog's on the weekends rather than on Friday's.
One thing I would like to change in order to better facilitate my learning process is doing more class work. I feel we don't write enough in class. So I think more writing should be incorporated into what we do in class. I mean writing like a page or two.
My writing process has definitely changed since the begining of the semester. I have more confidence in my writing . I try to be creative with every word that I write now as opposed to before.I also do more crtical thinking and I choose the words I use carefully. Furthermore, I try to focus more on the subject and avoid being repetive in my writing.
By and large, this class has been very helpful. I recieved a lot of postive feedback from both my peers and instructor. So I think I have improved since the semester started.
You don't have to blog on Friday; you could always complete them earlier. I would also like to incorporate more in-class writing, but it is difficult as we have limited class time and a lot of material to cover.
ReplyDelete