Friday, March 2, 2012

For this argument analysis assignment, I will be analyzing the essay written by Charles Murray in which he argues that:"It's what you can do that should count when you apply for a job, not where you learn to do it." This essay highlights the importance of post-secondary education. It argues that community colleges can be as effefctive as a uninversity in terms of job qualification. That job qualification shouldn't be based on bachelor's degree alone. It also indicates that students shouldn't  be subjected to studing in universtity alone but rather be given the opportunity to go with whatever works for them.

I choose this article because it explains some of the misconception about post-secondary education. It advocates for post-secondary education as oppose to a universtity degree. Another reason why I find this article interesting is because President Obama in his State of the Union addressed the same subject. This article is not by any means easier than any of the there other articles, however, what I find intriguing in this particular article is the writer's argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment