Saturday, March 31, 2012

After looking critically at the two previous graded essays that I had written in this class as well as the other written in the past, I was able to identify 4 common patterns of errors. The first common noticeable error that I identified was my grammatical errors. In my writing, I made too many errors, such as using commas and conjunctions incorrectly as well as missing a subject or verb in a sentence. These errors made my essay very difficult to read, and I plan to avoid these errors by correcting my sentence fragments, correcting run-on sentences, and writing complete sentences.

Second, I tend to be excessively too wordy; In particular, I tend to write too many short paragraphs that should have been combined. I need to combine these sentences to make each paragraph better. I know it is difficult for me to avoid this short paragraph when I am writing, however I will make a conscious effort to limit my errors when revising my draft so that my paragraph can become more meaningful and flow better.

Third, after reading my two previous essays, I discovered that each paragraph that I had written was not well explained. In short, it lacked clarity. I know that I need to work on my transition and learn how to effectively use my conjunction to connect my points. I plan to correct some of these mistakes by thoroughly explaining each paragraph.

Finally, I tend to use the same word over and over again. I tend to be repetitive and redundant. I write to fill spaces as opposed to critiquing every word in each sentence. I plan to correct some of these errors by critiquing each word so as to avoid the same mistakes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment