My take on the peer review process in this class is that it is not the best but can be better. There are some areas that can be improved to make these review process more effective. First, I think we should spend more time on informal discussiion because I found that process very interesting. I like the informal discussion because it captivates everybody's attention, and it appears there is more enthusiam. I have learned one or two things each time we did the informal discusssion. So if I have a choice I would have preferred to do more informal discusssions.
As a peer reviewer, It is much more easier for me when I'm peered with somone that is prepared and ready. What I mean by that it that the process is better and easier when peered with someone that actually want to work on their draft as oppose to someone that is disinterested in the process.
As for group size, I would prefer a small group; myself and the other person. I think working with one person is much more effective. With one person a lot can be accomplished in a short period of time. Also, my experience from past reviews has shown that having a large group is less effective. And finally, I do not have any problem with the amount of time with spent on previous reviews. The most important thing for me is to be able to work in a small group as well as working with the right person.
No comments:
Post a Comment